You can be enterprising at every level: alone or with others, on a large scale or a small one, with borrowed money or your own, as an employee or working for yourself. Know what you want and be able to express it: formulate your creative/artistic and business goals. Investigate the market and keep an eye on things.
Describe exactly what kind of business you want to run with others or as a self-employed person, as well as how and where you will get the funding.
Steer and monitor all the processes that are necessary in order to arrive at a well-organised end result, which is also of high artistic quality.
Analyse your work, your target group and the environment in which you are working in order to ensure your reach is as wide as possible.
In a revenue model, you map out how your business is going to earn money.
No matter whether it’s living costs, a project or your company: financial oversight is essential. Set up a good accounting system.
Explore the opportunities abroad and be aware of the practical consequences. Various organisations can support you with this.
The cultural field is naturally socially involved, in addition, there is more attention for sustainable production, buildings and events.
Diversity and inclusion
In an inclusive environment, everyone can be completely themselves and everyone is valued for everything that forms their identity.
- FAQ how do I create an artist statement?
- FAQ how do I start working?
- FAQ what is fair practice?
- FAQ how do I work healthily and safely?
- FAQ how do I limit my entrepreneurial risk?
FAQ how do I pitch my (film) plan?
FAQ how do I start working as a teacher?
FAQ how do I start working in extracurricular arts education?
FAQ how do I earn money from copyright on art?
FAQ how do I get paid after my performance?
FAQ how do I organise a concert?
FAQ how do I arrange a band performance?
FAQ how do I organise a tour?
FAQ how do I earn money from copyright on music?
FAQ how do I finance my first film?
FAQ how do I insure a film production?
FAQ how do I release my film?
FAQ how do I find an agency?
FAQ where can I develop my talent?
FAQ how do I arrange copyright when graduating?
FAQ which tasks can I outsource?
- Step-by-step plan starting as a self-employed person
Step-by-step plan preparing a film pitch
Step-by-step plan making an album
Step-by-step plan exhibiting
Step-by-step plan marketing for film
- Step-by-step plan crowdfunding
Step-by-step plan setting up a teaching practice
- Step-by-step plan sponsoring
- Step-by-step plan applying for subsidy
- Step-by-step plan drawing up a balance sheet
- Step-by-step plan billing
- Step-by-step plan setting up your own website
- Step-by-step plan writing a press release
- Step-by-step plan from acquisition to contract
- Step-by-step plan project planning
- Step-by-step plan project budget
Step-by-step plan forming a company
- Step-by-step plan marketing and publicity plan
- Step-by-step plan setting up accounts
- Step-by-step plan event permit
- Step-by-step plan revenue model
- Step-by-step plan drawing up an offer
Step-by-step plan setting up an ensemble
- Balance and profit - loss account
- The experience economy
- Printed matter
- Sample invoices
- Project planning - example (xls)
Starting an architectural firm
Creating a dance production with non-professionals
Cashbook and daily record
Monthly production schedule
Planning publicity performing arts
The process of production
Selling a production